I have to be honest, I’m sitting here slightly shaking. I’m a LITTLE excited about what this blog post will mean for us and for the business! Mike is downstairs, being the best dad ever, as usual. I am utilizing office time and “taking care of business” like I do. It’s Sunday afternoon and we’ve had the best day together..despite a toddler going crazy at church and making us miss our Sunday afternoon class with Father Phil. But together, we cleaned out the car. He washed all the clothes, the dishes got done. Two little girls had meals and attention. We walked on the beach. I had to smack his hand from my butt about 10 times, so he’s slacking today..we’re usually double that amount by now 🙂
We are so incredibly in love after 8 years. That man means so much to me and I thought I loved him a lot when we met, I thought I loved him a lot when we were married, I thought I loved him a lot when he held our babies for the first time…but today…I love him more. Today, after consideration and prayer, we decided “the plan” just has to leap into action.
Today we decided that 2016 is our year to shoot weddings together exclusively. I wouldn’t be alone or have to hire a second shooter, I wouldn’t have to wonder who would be my by side (even though I love them ALL who help me out!!) — I knew it would be the man who’s walked through the biggest parts of my life with me, now shooting one of the biggest days of my beautiful couple’s lives.
SO THAT’S IT!!! Mike is already an amazing shooter, but we’ll spend 2015 pulling him to a few weddings to lock in getting him to shoot exactly the way I need him to in order to compliment my style and flow. Surprise! He MAY show up to some of your weddings, hahaha! And yes..we’re staying “Amanda Hedgepeth Photography”!! 🙂 No name change!
**Mike plans to continue working full time with his job, so he will only be available for Saturday and Sunday weddings, so for Mon-Fri weddings, he may be able to request off but it won’t be a guarantee, at which point I will have another trusted shooter accompany me.
For fun, we came up with 5 reasons you should probably book us for your 2016 wedding! Ready!? We’re ridiculous..here it goes!!
1. Diversity!! Mike’s tall and brunette, Amanda’s short and blonde 🙂 And I can climb him if I need to for good shots, lolol!!!
2. We have matching tattoos that represent our little family…and I guess that’s cute enough to be a reason! Haha!
3. We need a good reason to flirt without Cammy and Ellie coming up to us and fussing… They tend to get pretty jealous unless they’re sandwiched between us, give us an excuse for a “working date”!!
4. Everyone loves Mike. He’s seriously one of the kindest, most easy going guys to be around. He can talk sports with one guy and turn around and talk Star Wars and gaming with the next. My nerd. My adorable little nerd!! 🙂
5. Weddings are IMPORTANT to us, and close to our hearts. Mike is a sentimental guy, he will feel instantly attached to a couple like he’s known them his whole life…and he’ll be making sure all of us have tissues because you all KNOW by now that I cry all the time during weddings while shooting! What an incredible honor. If anything, please make sure your vendors treat you with the love and respect you deserve, this is a BIG deal!! XOOXOX
And a bonus… I just HAVE to throw this in. Mike is the guy you can confidently leave with any kind of person and you know he’ll be polite, make a great impression and represent YOU well…and I can’t believe that’s who I get to call my husband 🙂
HERE’S TO A BIG 2016!!!!!!! 🙂