Husband + Wife Team in 2016!! | Amanda Hedgepeth Photography

I have to be honest, I’m sitting here slightly shaking. I’m a LITTLE excited about what this blog post will mean for us and for the business! Mike is downstairs, being the best dad ever, as usual. I am utilizing office time and “taking care of business” like I do. It’s Sunday afternoon and we’ve had the best day together..despite a toddler going crazy at church and making us miss our Sunday afternoon class with Father Phil. But together, we cleaned out the car. He washed all the clothes, the dishes got done. Two little girls had meals and attention. We walked on the beach. I had to smack his hand from my butt about 10 times, so he’s slacking today..we’re usually double that amount by now Β πŸ™‚

We are so incredibly in love after 8 years. That man means so much to me and I thought I loved him a lot when we met, I thought I loved him a lot when we were married, I thought I loved him a lot when he held our babies for the first time…but today…I love himΒ more.Β Today, after consideration and prayer, we decided “the plan” just has to leap into action.

Today we decided that 2016 is our year to shoot weddings together exclusively.Β I wouldn’t be alone or have to hire a second shooter, I wouldn’t have to wonder who would be my by side (even though I love them ALL who help me out!!) — I knew it would be the man who’s walked through the biggest parts of my life with me, now shooting one of the biggest days of my beautiful couple’s lives.

SO THAT’S IT!!! Mike is already an amazing shooter, but we’ll spend 2015 pulling him to a few weddings to lock in getting him to shoot exactly the way I need him to in order to compliment my style and flow. Surprise! He MAY show up to some of your weddings, hahaha! And yes..we’re staying “Amanda Hedgepeth Photography”!! πŸ™‚ No name change!

**Mike plans to continue working full time with his job, so he will only be available for Saturday and Sunday weddings,Β so for Mon-Fri weddings, he may be able to request off but it won’t be a guarantee, at which point I will have another trusted shooter accompany me.

For fun, we came up with 5 reasons you should probably book us for your 2016 wedding! Ready!? We’re ridiculous..here it goes!!

1. Diversity!! Mike’s tall and brunette, Amanda’s short and blonde πŸ™‚ And I can climb him if I need to for good shots, lolol!!!
2. We have matching tattoos that represent our little family…and I guess that’s cute enough to be a reason! Haha!
3. We need a good reason to flirt without Cammy and Ellie coming up to us and fussing… They tend to get pretty jealous unless they’re sandwiched between us, give us an excuse for a “working date”!!
4. Everyone loves Mike. He’s seriously one of the kindest, most easy going guys to be around. He can talk sports with one guy and turn around and talk Star Wars and gaming with the next. My nerd. My adorable little nerd!! πŸ™‚
5. Weddings are IMPORTANT to us, and close to our hearts. Mike is a sentimental guy, he will feel instantly attached to a couple like he’s known them his whole life…and he’ll be making sure all of us have tissues because you all KNOW by now that I cry all the time during weddings while shooting! What an incredible honor. If anything, please make sure your vendors treat you with the love and respect you deserve, this is a BIG deal!! XOOXOX

And a bonus… I just HAVE to throw this in. Mike is the guy you can confidently leave with any kind of person and you know he’ll be polite, make a great impression and represent YOU well…and I can’t believe that’s who I get to call my husband πŸ™‚

HERE’S TO A BIG 2016!!!!!!! πŸ™‚

3M9B7650

33 Comments Add yours

1. EliSabeth says:

How awesome! Congrats girlfriend! I can’t wait to see how much more successful your business will grow in 2016!!!

1. THANK YOU so so much girlfriend!!! πŸ™‚

2. ryanandrach says:

Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!!!! So excited for you guys!! Shooting together is the best, you’ll fall into such a sync it’ll be hard to tell who shot what! Also, loved this from the blog: “I can climb him if I need to for good shots” too funny!! Best of luck you two!!
    -R&R

1. HAHA I love this!! You guys are THE best we will need tips from yoU!!! :):)

3. Yay! Congratulations, y’all!

4. Kendra says:

This is the best news!!!! So excited for you guys!!! πŸ™‚

1. aww kendra thank you girl!! πŸ™‚

5. Lauren Swann says:

Yay!!!! So excited for you guys!!!

1. THANK YOU lauren!!! you’re the sweetest! πŸ™‚

6. Amanda says:

Wow! That is so exciting!! I kind of wish my wedding wasn’t on a Friday now! so excited for you guys this is going to be great! xoxo

1. AWW I LOVE YOU GIRL! I just got someone I LOVE FOR YOURS!! πŸ™‚

7. Nathalie Moss says:

Congrats Babe! You two are so cute πŸ™‚

1. aww thank you Nathalie!!!!!!! πŸ™‚

8. Ahhh!!! I am SO EXCITED for you two!!!

1. THANK YOU LOVE! πŸ™‚

9. Ruth says:

Yay!! So excited for you two!! By the way #1 made me laugh so hard!!!

1. HAHAHA love you thank you! πŸ™‚

10. Ally Skeer says:

Oh my gosh, how exciting!!!! πŸ™‚ I can’t wait to see how great y’all will do as a team!

1. THANK YOU ALLY!! πŸ™‚

11. brittjwill says:

I had a feeling this was the news! Very happy to hear that this is it….wishing you continued success!

1. aww my Brittney, THANK YOU!! :):)

12. Mai says:

This is awesome!!!!! It’s my dream too – husband and wife team:) awesome!!!!

1. thank you pal!! πŸ™‚

13. Beth says:

Super exciting news Amanda! I know the two of you will make a great team!!

1. THANK YOU BETH! You’re THE best!! πŸ™‚

14. Shakyra says:

Fantastic news!!! What a beautifully in love perfect couple to shoot a wedding πŸ™‚

1. you’re amzing!! THANK YOU! πŸ™‚

15. ah I love this! You’re so sweet, and you’re newfound faith is so encouraging!! Congratulations on this big step!!

PS–If you need anyone to come hang out with the girls…you know who to call πŸ˜‰

1. THANK YOU HOLLY!! haha that is so awesome!!!! I just love you! πŸ™‚

16. Latanya says:

I LOVEEEEE this!!! Yay Mike!!! Now Jake will have someone to talk to about Star Wars and gaming! πŸ˜›

17. Angel says:

Bravo Team Hedgepeth! I dream of this one day with my nerd, but for now, he will quietly remain in the background as my tech genius and admin assistant. (Amanda, you’ll have to give us girls some hints on how to get our guys to jump in with both feet.) Good luck in your next adventure!