I think it’s truly an amazing thing that our personal life is such a huge part of our business. When it comes down to it, what really separates one small business from another? Who we are as a couple, a family, individuals..the personal factor! We live in a world where a lot of us even when we think we’re being unique end up with almost identical branding as another business owner, our editing style matches and well…are we really all THAT different from one another? Yes, of course, we’re all incredibly individualistic in many ways but it’s really neat to share personal factors about yourself that connect you to potential business/followers/supporters so you can enjoy common interests, laughs and life events together.
When we had our vow renewal this past summer…we got a lot of emails asking us some of the details about how we planned it, what vendors we used, etc! I thought it was SO funny because we didn’t do anything fancy AT ALL! My gown was the absolute most formal part of this event..thanks to my amazing friend who knows me SO well choosing a gown that would work with a baby bump before I even got pregnant because she knew I probably would want to have another baby. And the gown? STUNNER. Wait til you see! Dang I love you, Maya Couture!!!!
This vow renewal was peanuts. By that, I mean it was tiny and ridiculously low key. Would you believe it ended up featured on the biggest wedding blog in the world?!?!?!?! That’s the power of our amazing photographers, Michael and Carina being incredibly talented at what they do..and also, our little family looking adorable and focusing on what matters most, and inspiring the editors to share our story! Here are some facts (and images!) from our five year Buxton, Cape Hatteras vow renewal this past July! 🙂
1. We didn’t have any decor, at all. We’re not kidding…not one candle, not one string or lights, not one Pinterest worthy anything. Not one decoration.
2. My little girls got their own real bouquets! This was SO special to me because my daughters (yes, now even the 2 year old!) loves talking about brides and weddings, and they wanted a bouquet! Bells and Whistles was so amazing to put together mini versions of mine for them!
3. We had a replica of our original wedding cake. I LOVED our wedding cake. It’s funny because looking back I recognize it’s not the more formal cake, at all, but it’s SO perfectly Outer Banks and I loved that about it! We opted for a one tier cake and got the same amazing flavor, key lime! My Great Cakes did awesome! 🙂
4. My gown wasn’t a maternity gown but would probably fit any size pregnancy bump! If you plan on doing a vow renewal pregnant or you are a pregnant bride…this is your style dress, it’s your FRIEND! My Maggie from Maya was the best decision of this entire vow renewal, style wise!
5. We had no “venue”. Our location? The Cape Hatteras Motel on the ocean in Buxton, NC. This place feels like home to me and the humid salt air in the condos from the ocean is priceless. We just were staying there on vacation! There is nothing like this sweet little digs and I pray for it every time there’s a nor’easter or hurricane near.
So there you have it! That tiny little renewal made it alllllll the way to Style Me Pretty! Michael and Carina (and Tiffany who I also adore!) — I can’t thank you enough. What an amazing memory! I look back at my belly and love knowing what that little girl who’s in my arms nowadays looks like, we truly did have all three of our girls there 🙂
Again– M+C, we love you and can never thank you enough for the gift of these amazing film images!!!!